Universal Rule: Second Wave is a standalone expansion to Universal Rule. It does not require Universal Rule to play. It can be played in one of the following ways:
- Play Second Wave all by itself.
- Randomize 17 Planet Cards and 1 Edge Card from both sets.
- Choose your favorite combination of 17 Planet Cards and 1 Edge Card from both sets.
In Universal Rule: Second Wave, players battle for control of the universe in this pocket-sized 4X style game. You can colonize new planets, explore new areas on those planets, gain credits based off of the resources that the planet produces, or attempt to destroy other planets that threaten your existence. Other players can follow, but at a cost. The first player to show their true dominance through victory points wins the game.
- Players: 3-5
- Ages: 8+
- Length: 30-45 minutes
- Publisher: Button Shy Games
- Designer: Chip Beauvais
- Artist: Sara Beauvais
- Page count: 7
- Components: 18 cards
- Additional components needed: Up to 25 coins or tokens per player to track credits. Or you can use the credit tracker cards here: https://www.pnparcade.com/products/universal-rule-credit-trackers