Adventure Post is a series of solo-mini-adventures that were traditionally delivered to your door on a postcard each week. Every week was a small portion of an overall larger campaign which took many, many weeks to come to a conclusion. The postcard included a QR code or website address that directed you to the weekly adventure document. That document would explain the setup, instructions, and key areas on the adventure map. However... we have taken all of our adventure text documents and consolidated them into one nice package, giving the cover images a facelift and making it printer friendly.
A Path of Self-Learning uses simplistic character creation and dice rolls for combat and interacting with the world. There are a series of questions, all of which alter the final conflict of the game in various ways. On the 12th week (or area), the adventure will be completed and to survive is to win.
As punishment for a crime committed against humanity, the Lord of the land has sentenced you to a Trial of Character. You must be judged against both physical and mental challenges in which you will discover who you truly are. You will learn about the three principles, Truth, Love, and Courage. You will face moral dilemmas in each of the eight virtues where your answers must be considered carefully. Finally, you will face a mighty foe in one-on-one combat. A foe whose power is a reflection of the choices you have made. Can you prove yourself worthy to earn your mantle back, Avatar?
A Path of Self-Learning is only the first adventure in a larger overall campaign. There are more adventures of different themes and new rules on the horizon.
- Players: 1 player
- Ages: 8+
- Length: 10-60 min.
- Publisher: Geeks Collaborative Gaming
- Designer: Shawn Hescock
- Art: Indi Martin, Tortoise & Hare Creations, Toby Lancaster
- Page count: Postcard-Size: 14 or Full page size: 14, Rules: 72
- Components: Postcards, Rulebook
- Additional components needed: A pencil, an eraser, four dice of two different colors, and a miniature or something to track your Avatar’s location with. With those in hand, your journey may begin. If you received a welcome package, you’re ready!