Retrograde is a real-time roll-and-write inspired by classic 80s arcade games.
Evil Astrodroids are invading earth. Grab the joystick and blast as many as you can. Can you get the high score?
Each round, roll your dice as fast as you can. Race to roll combos shown on the target cards, claim the best card, and spend your dice to put the ‘Droids on your sheet out of commission. Be fast, or an opponent might beat you to the card you want. If you're the last player without a card, you can only reroll 2 more times before you're stuck with what you rolled.
Depending on the card you choose, you'll collect Coins and power-ups. Blast entire columns of 'Droids to destroy bosses for bonus points. Blast rows of 'Droids to unlock the power-ups you collect.
- Player Count: 1-4
- Ages: 8+
- Game Length: 25-35 minutes
- Publisher: Resonym
- Designer: Mary Flanagan, Max Seidman
- Art: Kate Ann-Sophie De Steur, Spring Yu
- Page count: 25
- Printed Components: 45 Target Cards, 100 Unique Game Sheets, Instructions, Dice stickers (optional)
- Additional Components Needed: 1 Marker (per player), 6 Six-Sided Dice (per player), 2 More Six-Sided, Play with standard dice (where pips = number of eyes on the droid), or use the included stickers