You are running. Escaping, stumbling on your own legs. Your short breaths are labored, shaky.
Something is after you. You don't know what it is,
but you know it won't quit. Your life is at stake.
You feel that it is close, as if a claw is
sliding down the back of your neck.
And you know you must not look back...
Run! is a solo narrative game inspired by the slasher horror movie genre. You play as a survivor of a nefarious attack, and you are being chased by... something. Whatever that is, it is relentless and it wants you dead. Throughout 16 scenes, you play to collect Memories to try and piece together what is happening while you run for your life and try not to run out of Breath.
- Card-driven gameplay. You only need a standard deck of cards, the game sheet, pencil and eraser.
- Narrative-driven gameplay. Mechanics push forward the slasher horror genre, connecting you—the protagonist—to the events that led to this persecution.
- Structured gameplay. Scene framing, conflict resolution, and outcome. You have freedom to envision the scenes as your imagination wishes, and the game mechanics provides you with a solid framework so you always know what to do next.
- Custom-made oracles and generators. Using a unique "spin-a-pencil" kind of oracle, every prompt is carefully selected to evoke the feelings of the slasher horror genre that are most appropriate to the choices you made as the protagonist.
- Players: 1
- Ages: 13+
- Length: 60 Minutes
- Publisher: Cezar Capacle
- Designer: Cezar Capacle
- Art: Cezar Capacle
- Page count: 38
- Components: Rules, Gamebook, Game Sheet
- Additional components needed: A Standard Deck of Cards, Pencil and Eraser