Davy Jones Locker
Davy Jones Locker, a VP-collection game with a unique moving-target mechanic that provides a good amount of player interaction, a bit of take-that and just the right amount of luck.
Each player controls two ships: The pirate ship can bury treasure, which becomes a target for other players to dig out, and can attack other ships to steal from them. The sailing ship must move onto landmarks on the board using limited movement dictated by a “wind” die, while being also a target for attacks.
Both the treasure and the actions players can use come from chits drawn from a bag throughout the game.
You win by having the most points in hand, buried under your treasure markers on the board, or from collected landmarks.
The game can be played from 2 to up to 6 players.
- Players: 2-6
- Ages: 10+
- Length: 45-60 minutes
- Publisher: Ben Morayta
- Designer: Ben Morayta
- Art: Ben Morayta
- Page count: 8 (+1 page with instructions, and 1 w/optional backs for the 2 chits pages)
- 172 chits (optional backs)
- 42 Xs (7 on each player’s color)
- Landmarks (10 hex tokens)
- 6 Pirate Ships + 6 Sailing Ships
- Game Mat (in 2 pieces in the main PnP, or from a separate file on an 11x17 page, in a single print)
- 1 custom D6 die stickers / reference conversion card for a regular D6
- 6 player aids
- Additional components needed:
- Two D6 dice in different colors (or sizes), or one regular D6 die and a blank die with stickers from page 9.
- A bag, cup or other opaque container from which to draw chits
- A chit rack for each player to hold their “hand” of chits (like scrabble or rummikub tile racks). Alternatively, you can use a player screen to hold the chits behind it.